Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My cabinets are here!!!

First things first.....
Did everyone have a bueno Cinco de Mayo?  We did!  Last night I made Margaritas, Tostadas, Guacamole & Mac&Cheese (hey, Mac should be its own food group!) 

     

On Friday, when I got the call that my cabinets were at my house, I couldn't get home fast enough!  BUT, this is what I came home to..... a garage full of boxes & everyone gone!  (Evidently, it was payday :(

Atleast, on Monday, they started installing.  It seemed like a puzzle putting everything together!
    
This is the master bathroom.


Also, the A/C man showed up (installed our furnace? and one of the 3 a.c. units?) - Interesting?

Another picture of our door.... I can't wait until its framed in properly & the glass is put in!

I'm not sure if anyone remembers from older posts, that there was an actual POST in the middle of this wall.  It was used as a load bearing post... but I HATED it.  It would block my view from the kitchen into the living room.  After much nagging & complaining.  They tore at the post & added a beam across (you can see how the ceiling comes down).  This was a HUGE beam -poor guys that had to install it (plus have the sheetrockers back) - but atleast I'm happy :)



We have a house full of workers today.  YIPPEE!!!!
Have a Totally Terrific Tuesday!  








Photobucket

2 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

going to have to come see all this in person! it is looking so good... so hard to get a real feel for it though!
it is coming together... woo hoo!
the front door is fabulous... so sophi too!

would you believe... no margaritas over here! shoot... missed a prime opportunity!

Dancing Queen said...

I am right there w/ya on the Mexican food...love, love, love it!! In fact, we had chalupas last night!

Wow...so you must be doing some home renovating??? I really like the darker wood cabinets myself...in our "next house" is what we always say...
Never saw the old door, but the new one is gorgeous!

How exciting!