Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009!

We decided to have New Year's at our house this year.  

Actually, it was a little sad.... the last several years, we've spent New Year's at the beach house.  Since Hurricane Ike, it was a No-Go ;(    Its only minor but no one has started the work yet....

Anyway, it was nice to celebrate in our newly renovated home.  We had tons of baby-back ribs, red-beans & rice, cornbread, salads, beer & my favorite pomegranite martinis (YUM)!  We lit the outdoor fireplace and the fire-pit.  It was cool!  

I hired a face-painter.  

ALL the gals had their face painted (even the grandmas to the little girls; AND of course, us mommas!)


What a treat!
Jessie looked so cute!
Even my mother-in-law got in all the action!
Conservative Audrey, only had a small butterfly on her face and a rose on her arm.
Aren't mother & daughter cute (RuthAnn & Amanda)

Boy, she really went OVERBOARD on me; next time, we'll need to ToNe it down!  Me & Regina.

I even had a little sparkle added to my leg ;-)


AND..... just to start 2009 off right, I had a couple of ladies show up in the morning to clean up the party mess (eek!) AND make a good, old-fashioned Mexican breakfast.  Buenos Dias!  

After the breakfast, I just HAD to have a nap.  What a great, lazy day!

Happy 2009!



Photobucket

2 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!
dammit... YES... i said that!
i would have painted my REAR just to be there with yall!

how fun Sophi... you know how to do it right!

loved all the pics!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of your mother-in-law. Cute!! :)