Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Countdown.....

(Okay, I still need HELP; but its for different reasons!)

I'm not sure about you other moms and your school schedules but our last day is this Thursday (Woo-Hoo!)!  Since our school is so small, they pretty much do things 'their' (our) way.  Each of the girls have swim parties plus their award ceremonies, etc. - its been fast & furious.  

Also, I've been under the gun, for final picks on the house (everyone seems to be waiting on me)... yikes!

DISCLAIMER:
Dearest friends (especially local ones), if you leave comments (or stop by), I'm only taking positive comments.  Background: I wanted a brown on SOME of the trim & on the doors (I know, sounds weird); anyway.... after picking my colors, the painter purchased it & as he started painting - OOPS, I figured out I made a mistake on the brown.  The brown looked too gray!  Unfortunately, 15+ gallons of this expensive gray-brown had already been purchased, could not be exchanged nor changed.  My AWESOME hubby simply said to just get what I wanted.... that it was better to spend some extra money now than live with something I didn't like and pay for it later.  I LOVE HIM!  Needless to say, I made my paint change & sticking to what's on the walls....

So, here's my brown:

This is called 'Java'.  ;)



I felt like Alice in Wonderland.  'What's behind this door?'  



If you ever need a gray-brown, go for "Tiki Hut"
By the way, our painter thought I was nuts, 
 so did the man that worked at Sherwin Williams!  
They couldn't grasp the difference between gray-brown & brown-brown. 
 They just kept saying, "This IS brown (& so is that & that & that)".  
Men, ugh!  
(except my honey)!  


The walls are August Moon.  
Another note, I had to threaten our painter NOT
 to call it yellow in front of my husband ;)

Hopefully I'll have more pics soon!  

 (Yippee!)

Photobucket



4 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

Good for you sticking to your guns!! And way to go hubby! I would be extremely upset too if something didn't look the way I had envisioned it! Man, you must be doing Extreme Home Makeover! I can't wait to see before & after shots! I like looking at other homes for ideas!

My preschooler is out tomorrow too, but my 1st grader goes to June 4th...Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you picked!! Looks great!! Can't wait to see it in person. :) I've been thinking about dropping in unannounced... but then changed my mind knowing how crazy busy you've been. We gals probably need to take a field trip over to see the progress before our kiddos are out of school.

Love those tall doors and love the kitchen cabinets too!!

Jill :)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

you do what YOU like... it is not the painter's house!

i LOVE it! So LOVE August Moon! like Campbell would say... i don't like it... I LOVE IT Sophie!

Can't wait to see it in all it's glory this summer! WOOOOOOO HOOOOO!

LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! Remember if your not sure about something.....go with your gut (not the workers).

I know it is so overwhelming but hang in there girl. It will all come together soon and be gorgeous!! I can't wait to see it again!

Ruth Ann