Thursday, May 1, 2008

Babble on in Babylon

A friend shared this poem with me after she attended a Beth Moore Bible Study.  I took the same study - very impressive.    Remember Babylon in the bible?  All their false idols?  Wow!



         
Babble on in Babylon



Brimming closets, shoe racks bulge, one in every color, I'll just indulge

My wildest whim will oft be met, bigger-faster-give-me-get!

Travel on.... in Babylon

May I go first? Knew you'd not care-
For my times precious, you've lots to spare

I'll slip in front & off I go -See I'm quite fast, and well, you're quite slow

I am, me, fast friends, life long?
Prattle on..... in Babylon

Nip it here, just there a lift; 
I just turned 40, it was a gift!

The eyes, the lip, the bosoms do
Sculptured, lasered, injected too!

No wrinkles left ..... the tummy's gone -
Journey on in Babylon

Enough of me .... how do you view me?
You get one, but give me three!

I couldn't bare to just "say No"
It's my desire! And rightly so!

Add another & on, & on .....
Shuffle on in Babylon

No end in sight that I can see
Today is blocked by the mirror in front of me.....

A wreck, a death, Sunami tide
It mildly stirs me, I must confide .....

TV claims tens of thousands gone....
Oh well, let's see what else is on!

Numb to the stunning sight of each new dawn.....
Sinking  fast .....in Babylon!

Like a lobster in a pot who begins to like the water hot.....

I've been duped! Been tricked!  Been had!
Convinced that truth was somehow bad...

Evil coddled & cooed & purred & beckoned me, and called & lured

Now in a place with the light turned on,

I'm racing home from Babylon....
I'm racing home from Babylon....
                                                          -by Unknown






Photobucket

2 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

really good Sophie!

wow!

love...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.... I think I may be that lobster. This is a powerful poem, really. We get so caught up in the "me, me, me" of life. I should've named my blog "Babble On!" :) Yikes! Enjoyed brunch yesterday. The "Apple" was delicious. :)